Herdwick Hut is a modern built, yet traditional style, Shepherds hut constructed by Plankbridge and finished to an exceptionally high standard.
Our Herdwick Hut was rated the best pitch location for Going off the Grid by Country Living Magazine July 2019 edition.
- Sleeps 1 to 2
- Laverstock is very peaceful and a perfect escape with many wonderful country walks on the doorstep.
- The Herdwick Hut comfortably sleeps 2.
- Laverstock is a beautiful and well kept country estate at the end of a long sweeping driveway. It comprises of a large country house, various cottages of different sizes and a modern shepherds hut. Laverstock is surrounded farmland with views that go on for miles.
- You are perfectly located to explore the Jurassic Coastline and visit the bustling market towns of Bridport and Lyme Regis. There is lots to do in the area and we provide a detailed information pack on booking.
- A rural location with far reaching views across the countryside set next to permanent pasture/grassland grazed by cows. Extensive access to the farm via numerous footpaths and located between Pilsdon Pen and Lewesdon Hill (the highest hills in Dorset). Ideal for those you wish to relax, enjoy the peace or explore the country side. Laverstock is a working farm and depending on the season there are chickens, ducks, pigs, goats and sheep to see. Plus a large vegetable garden. There is also a children’s climbing frame, swing and sand pit in the grounds.
- The Hut is situated in a private spot at the end of the Woodland Walk in the grounds of Laverstock, It is well equipped with garden furniture, a fire pit and bbq. It is off-grid with no electricity or running water, both of which are available in the washroom.
- Free WI-FI available outside and close to the cottages. The WI-FI does not extend to the Hut.
- There are electric rechargeable lanterns for guests use which can be recharged in the games room.
- The Hut is painted in Farrow and Ball colours and fitted out with a small wood-burner, fold away table, two stools, two windows with shutters, a kitchen unit and a comfy double bed.
- The Hut comes with an awning, iron fire pit, gas hob, barbeque, trolley, logs, deck chairs, hammock, herb box and a garden table and chairs.
- There is an ‘outside kitchen’ under the awning. A generous supply of crockery, cutlery and pots and pans are provided in a wooden dresser. A two-ring cast iron gas hob, bbq and fire pit are available for cooking. A 40 litre water aqua-roll is provided beside the hut. A fridge is available in the games room.
- There is a washing machine available for guests’ use in the washroom.
- The washroom is located approximately 100m from the Hut with a walk-in shower and WC. There is also a small kitchen unit with a sink and draining board. There is also a fridge and sockets to charge the lanterns here.
- The Hut is located in a peaceful spot at the end of the woodland walk with ample outside space.
- Deck chairs are provided at the Hut.
- A Webber BBQ is provided, but please note that charcoal is not supplied. You are welcome to use the BBQ on condition that it is thoroughly cleaned ready for the next guests. I am afraid that the housekeepers do not have time to clean the BBQ so it’s cleanliness at the start is dependent on the thoughtfulness of the previous guests.
- At Laverstock we have a games room available for guests with table tennis, table football and darts. This is a communal facility and available at restricted times.
- Herdwick Hut is ideal for single occupancy and couples. This property is also popular as an extension with other cottages for big groups of friends or families.
- A travel cot is available to hire on request for an additional charge of £15. No cot bedding is provided so guests should bring their own.
- There is no WI-FI in the Shepherds Hut but connections can be found near the cottages if you need it. Mobile phone reception seems to be fine.
- Short breaks are available, so please ask.
- For weekly bookings changeover day is usually a Friday but we are flexible for short breaks. Check-in is after 2pm and checkout by 10am.
- For an extra charge we offer breakfast baps served to guests in our huts. Please enquire for more info.
- All bed linen and towels are provided (except for a cot bed)
- Herdwick Hut welcomes dogs and there is an additional charge of £20 per dog (maximum 2 dogs).
from £90.00 Per Night
Click here to check availability and tariffs