Herdwick Hut is a modern built, yet traditional style, Shepherds hut constructed by Plankbridge and finished to an exceptionally standard. It sleeps 2.
Our Herdwick Hut was rated the best pitch location for Going off the Grid by Country Living Magazine July 2019 edition.
- A rural location with far reaching views across the countryside set next to permanent pasture/grassland grazed by cows. Located between Pilsdon Pen and Lewesdon Hill (the highest hills in Dorset). Ideal for those who wish to relax, enjoy the peace or wish to explore the countryside.
- You are perfectly located to explore the Jurassic Coastline and visit the bustling market towns of Bridport and Lyme Regis. There is lots to do in the area and we provide a detailed information pack on booking.
- Laverstock is a working farm and depending on the season there are chickens, ducks, pigs and cows to see. Plus a large vegetable garden.
- The Hut is situated in a private spot at the end of the Woodland Walk in the grounds of Laverstock, It is well equipped with garden furniture, a fire pit and barbecue.
- The Hut has electric lighting and an electric hob for cooking, and two plug sockets in the kitchen hut. Washing up facilities, shower and a toilet are in the washroom a short walk away.
- Free WI-FI is available in the Hut and it has electric plug sockets in the kitchen shed for charging appliances.
- There are electric rechargeable lanterns for guests use which can be recharged in the washroom for walking to and from the Hut.
- The Hut is painted in Farrow and Ball colours and fitted out with a small wood-burner, fold away table, two stools, two windows with shutters, a kitchen unit and a comfy double bed.
- The Hut comes with an awning, iron fire pit, electric, barbecue, trolley, logs, deck chairs and a garden table and chairs.
- There is a separate kitchen hut next to the hut. A generous supply of crockery, cutlery and pots and pans are provided in a wooden dresser. A two-ring electric hob, kettle, barbecue and fire pit are available for cooking. A 40 litre water aqua-roll is provided beside the hut. A fridge is available in the washroom.
- There is a washing machine available for guests’ use in the washroom.
- There is a shared washroom located approximately 100m from the Hut with a walk-in shower and WC. There is also a small kitchen unit with a sink and draining board. There is also a fridge and sockets to charge the lanterns here.
- A Webber BBQ is available to borrow, but please note that charcoal is not supplied. You are welcome to use the BBQ on condition that it is thoroughly cleaned ready for the next guests.
- At Laverstock we have a games room available for guests with table tennis, table football, air hockey and a pool table. This is a communal facility, perfect for those rainy days!
- We are flexible for short breaks, so please just ask. Check-in is after 4pm and checkout by 10am.
- All bed linen and towels are provided.
- Herdwick Hut welcomes dogs and there is an additional charge of £25 per dog, per stay (maximum of 2 dogs).
- Herdwick Hut is ideal for single occupancy and couples, it is not suitable for infants or children.
from £95.00 Per Night
Click here to check availability and tariffs