Heartsease is a 2 bedroom period cottage in the heart of the picturesque village of Stoke Abbott. It is a few doors from the popular country pub, The New Inn.
- Sleeps 4
- Stoke Abbott is a peaceful, picture-postcard village with a good pub and many wonderful country walks on the doorstep. The Wessex Ridgeway passes nearby.
- Heatsease Cottage comfortably sleeps 4 in two double bedrooms.
- Heartsease is a period country cottage with views over the garden and fields beyond.
- There is a paved area outside the cottage for Guest’ private use. A garden table and 4 chairs and a BBQ set are provided. The lawn is also for the use of Guests but is shared with the owners of Heartsease who live next door.
- There is free Wi-Fi throughout the cottage.
- The unusual accommodation provides plenty of flexibility.
- The main sitting room, on the first floor, is very light and airy enjoying views over the countryside. There is a Freesat TV and comfortable seating for 4, which is perfect for relaxing with friends or family.
- The main bedroom upstairs is spacious, light and airy. It has a kingsize double bed and dressing table as well as ample cupboards and drawers. The large window looks out over the garden to fields where sheep and geese are often grazing.
- The second bedroom, which has a double bed, can also be used as a downstairs living room. There is a woodburner (logs are provided), two arm chairs and a dining table with 4 chairs. A Freesat TV, DVD player, iPod dock and telephone are provided. This room has that cosy country cottage feeling, perfect for a winter’s night by the fire.
- The modern and recently installed shower room has a walk-in shower, WC and washbasin.
- There is a small, newly fitted modern kitchen which has everything you need including a dishwasher, fridge-freezer, double oven, electric hob, microwave and heated towel rail.
- A BBQ is provided, but charcoal is not supplied. You are welcome to use the BBQ on condition that it is thoroughly cleaned before the end of your stay.
- The New Inn, within easy walking distance, is a beautiful thatched country pub serving local beers and good food. An excellent local shop, open seven days a week from 8am to 9pm Is a 5 minute drive away.
- Heartsease is ideal for two couples, a family with children or a couple with an elderly relation, although please note that both bedrooms have double beds.
- A travel cot is available to hire on request for an additional charge of £15. Cot sheets and bedding are not provided so guests should bring this with them.
- Short breaks are available, so please ask.
- For weekly bookings, changeover day is usually a Friday although we are flexible for short breaks. Check-in is from 3pm and check-out by 10am.
- All bed linen and towels are provided (except for a cot bed).
- Heartsease Cottage welcomes dogs and there is additional charge of £20 per dog (maximum 2 dogs).
- Heartsease is named after heartsease the flower which has been used for centuries in herbal medicine to cure a wide range of physical ailments. In the language of flowers it stands for ‘thoughtfulness’ (hence the flower’s alternative name of Wild Pansy, from the French pensée). The cottage is presumed to be named after the neighbouring field to the east of the garden which is shown on an old OS map as Heart’s Ease.
from £125.00 Per Night
2 night minimum stays
Click here to check availability and tariffs