Befferlands Cottage, Charmouth
Bedrooms: 2 Sleeps: 4 Location: Charmouth Dogs: Yes
Befferlands Cottage Sleeps 4
- Befferlands Cottage is located in the heart of the West Dorset countryside yet only minutes from the beaches of the Jurassic coastline and Heritage Coast footpaths, Befferlands Cottage combines the best of both. Located amid the rolling hills of the Marshwood Vale – an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty – there are views of open farmland and plenty of walks along lanes, woods and riverside literally from the front door and across both West Dorset and East Devon. You can walk from the front door of the cottage to the beach in around 30 minutes.
- Befferlands Cottage is a large 2 bedroom converted barn which provides a wonderful and peaceful rural retreat for couples or a family.
- The well appointed interior benefits from a very spacious sitting room with high vaulted ceilings which leads to an open plan fully equipped kitchen and dining area.
- The sitting room benefits from a huge picture window which allows light to flood in and the kitchen has the advantage of a stable door.
- There are two bedrooms both of which benefit from their own bathrooms.
- A double bedroom with an ensuite bathroom with both bath and shower. There is a twin room with two single beds and its own bathroom right next door, again with bath and shower.
- A travel cot is available to hire on request for an additional charge of £15. Cot sheets and bedding are not provided so guests should bring this with them.
- Both bedrooms are recently refurbished and have ample wardrobe space.
- The cottage has its own parking and a small private garden perfect for a barbeque.
- Befferlands Cottage welcomes dogs to stay and there is an additional charge of £20 per dog (maximum of 2 dogs).
- In the nearby village of Whitchurch Canonicorum, St Candida’s Church is the only church in England, other than Westminster Abbey, that retains the original medieval shrine and relics of the saint to whom it is dedicated.
- Charmouth is a beautiful seaside village, world famous for fossil hunting and guided fossil hunts are available. West Bay (Bridport) is 7 miles away where both mackerel and crab fishing can be had along with rib and speedboat trips to and from Lyme Regis.
- Charmouth offers a chemist, small supermarket, butcher, bakery, post office, General Stores, restaurants, hairdresser, gift and ice cream shops with a speciality fossil shop directly at the beach along with a coastal heritage centre. There are also two pubs.
- Befferlands Cottage is well placed for two fantastic farm shops, to the west on the A35 to Bridport is Felicitys Farm Shops with a wide range of local products and to the east on the A35 to Honiton is Millers which offers fabulous fresh produce and is a veritable emporium of French provisions.
- The attractive seaside resort of Lyme Regis is close by with its sandy beach, historic harbour and many shops and restaurants. River Cottage HQ is a very short drive away and offers amazing cookery courses or if you would rather not cook yourself visit the River Cottage Canteen in nearby Axminster!
- Restaurants in the area include Mark Hix Oyster House in Lyme Regis; Watch House Café in West Bay, Brassica in Beaminster, River Cottage Canteen in Axminster and The Riverside in West Bay. Also worth mentioning are The Anchor in Seatown, Down House Farm in Higher Eype, Soulshine Café in Bridport, The Olive Tree in Bridport and the Stable Pizzeria in Bridport.
Click for Photographs
from £150.00 Per Night
Minimum 2 night stays
Click here to check availability and tariffs